Authoring Support: Help and Guidance for the Preparation of Papers
Templates and Guides
- General Notes and Guidance for Authors
- Guide to Executive Summaries
- Guidance Notes for Usage of STO Templates
- Technical Evaluation Reports Guidelines (English or French)
- MS Word Templates – Below lists various (MS Word) templates that can be used to format papers prior to submission. Authors are free to use whichever format (A4 or US-Letter) they feel most comfortable with.
- Users of MS Word are requested to use the available templates wherever possible;
- Users of alternative products are requested to follow the formatting instructions contained in the "General Notes and Guidance for Authors" closely in order that your paper can be published to the required STO formatting standards.
If you require further assistance in using STO Templates, or have any questions, comments or suggestions or any other matter, please contact the CSO Scientific Publications Manager .
|Paper / Report Type||Via|
|MS Word 2007 Templates||HTTP|
|Symposium or Lecture Series Paper (MP-EN) Template - A4||HTTP|
|Symposium or Lecture Series Paper (MP-EN) Template - US-Letter||HTTP|
|Task Group Report (AG-TM-TR) Template - Entire Report including Wrapper - A4||HTTP|
|Task Group Report (AG-TM-TR) Template - Entire Report including Wrapper - US-Letter||HTTP|
|Task Group Report (AG-TM-TR) Template - Individual Chapters only - A4||HTTP|
Below list two sample papers from previous STO reports:
Clearances Required for Submission of Papers (Form 13)
Below lists the various clearance forms necessary to provide the release authority in order that the STO can publish the submitted material:
If your paper forms part of a STO Symposium use the following form:
If you are a member of a STO Task Group or Workshop use the following form:
- Task Group or Workshop Individual Publication Release and Clearance Certificate
- Task Group or Workshop Publication Release and Clearance Certificate – for Task Group Chairs.
If you are a member of a STO Task Group working on an AGARDograph use the following form:
- AGARDograph Individual Publication Release and Clearance Certificate - for UK and US contributors only
- AGARDograph Publication Release and Clearance Certificate - for Task Group Chairs.
Classification and Copyright
CSO Form ‘Presentation/Publication Release and Clearance Certificate’ (CSO Form 13), requests that you ensure that your paper is free from any copyright restrictions that may prevent the STO from publishing your work. It is requested that you pay particular attention to this clause.
Further, you are required to give your paper a suitable security classification. In this regard, the STO would prefer that the use of NATO Unclassified be avoided wherever possible, particularly if you wish your paper to reach a wide unrestricted audience. If this is the case then please you mark your paper ‘free for public release’ on the Form 13. Clearly, this may not always be possible and of course we will process the material based upon the classification you provide.
|Please authenticate to access website protected areas, the STO collaborative environment, enrol for meetings. Use your STO collaborative environment credentials or the STO generic credentials to log on.
Important: Your password is case sensitive.
- Meeting Enrollments
- How to Enroll
- Calls for Papers
No STO meetings are open at this moment.
First, please note that only NATO nationals and Partnership for Peace nationals (where applicable) can enroll for STO meetings.
To enroll for one of the meetings, you should authenticate against the website in the first place. Click User Logon from the navigation bar.
Click the desired meeting from the Meeting Enrollments tab. You will be prompted with a window that describes the meeting.
Click Enrol. Firstly, you will receive a confirmation email. Later your application to enrol will be processed by the relevant authorities. Whatever the case, you will receive a notification.
Note: please contact the Collaboration Support Office if your email address has changed.
If you do not have a user account, please click I don't have a username/password from the meeting details window.
You will be prompted with a form for you to enter a valid email address and a role at the meeting. Hit Click to Enrol. Our server will check that you do not have a user account. If you do not have one, you will be prompted with a detailed form. Please note that all inputs are mandatory. Hit Enrol for your enrollment to be processed.
Firstly, you will receive a confirmation email. Later your application to enrol will be processed by the relevant authorities. Whatever the case, you will receive a notification.
Symposium on "Information Fusion (Hard and Soft) for ISR" (IST-SET-126 - 04/05/2015 to 05/05/2015 - United States)
Specialists Meeting on "Intelligence & Autonomy (Robotics) " (IST-127 - 06/10/2015 to 08/10/2015 - Germany)
Cyber Attack Detection, Forensics and Attribution for Assessment of Mission Impact (IST-128 - 15/06/2015 to 17/06/2015 - Turkey)
Symposium on "Considerations for Space and Space-Enabled Capabilities in NATO Coalition Operations " (SCI-283 - 17/05/2016 to 18/05/2016 - United Kingdom)